HOME | CLUB INFO | ON THE WATER | LINKS | PICS & VIDS | CALENDAR | SPONSORS | M. BOARD

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Tricks and Tips (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 GCWA Forum : Wakeboard Chit Chat : Tricks and Tips
Message Icon Topic: Backroll help Post Reply Post New Topic
LawyerBoarder

Online Status: Offline
Quote LawyerBoarder Replybullet Topic: Backroll help
    Posted: August 30 2011 at 8:18am
My backroll is progressing but i feel like i am spinning too fast and have difficulty spotting the landing.

Any feedback appreciated. (Trying hard to avoid my wife saying I have no business learning aerials at age 40!)

Personal injury lawyer and wakeboarder. Because my business is based primarily on referrals, I thank you in advance for your endorsement. Visit my homepage: www.markoehl.com.
IP IP Logged
Justin h.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Justin h. Replybullet Posted: August 30 2011 at 5:38pm
Disclaimer: Wakeboarding is dangerous. Over a long enough time-scale, it will injure, mame and/or kill you.

Open your eyes. It may seem obvious, but your approach, edge-away, even the landing is correct. You look like you just don't have a clue where you are. Open your eyes and you will find that you are a lot closer than you think.

I usually get a lot more technical, but you are so close that I don't want to mess anything up. Keep doing what you are doing, but focus on your surroundings. When you see the water, stand on it.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=12968
IP IP Logged
olmoomba
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote olmoomba Replybullet Posted: August 30 2011 at 7:20pm
when are normally on the lsj? what were you in?
Respect ma authoratah!
IP IP Logged
LawyerBoarder

Quote LawyerBoarder Replybullet Posted: August 31 2011 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Justin h.

Disclaimer: Wakeboarding is dangerous. Over a long enough time-scale, it will injure, mame and/or kill you.

Open your eyes. It may seem obvious, but your approach, edge-away, even the landing is correct. You look like you just don't have a clue where you are. Open your eyes and you will find that you are a lot closer than you think.

I usually get a lot more technical, but you are so close that I don't want to mess anything up. Keep doing what you are doing, but focus on your surroundings. When you see the water, stand on it.

I have absolutely no idea where I am in the air. I am pretty sure I am closing my eyes as I white knuckle it right before take off. A lot of it is just getting comfortable upside down. Wish I had a trampoline. Thanks for your comments.

If you or others are willing to let me ride in the boat while you do this trick, I would really appreciate the learning opportunity.
Personal injury lawyer and wakeboarder. Because my business is based primarily on referrals, I thank you in advance for your endorsement. Visit my homepage: www.markoehl.com.
IP IP Logged
LawyerBoarder

Quote LawyerBoarder Replybullet Posted: August 31 2011 at 8:13am
Originally posted by olmoomba

when are normally on the lsj? what were you in?
I have been riding the lsj ever since my boat got landlocked in mid-July. Been riding once during the week and once on the weekends. Hopping on Jeff's 08 Bu white w black trim or Mike's 09 Tige white w red trim.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version