HOME | CLUB INFO | ON THE WATER | LINKS | PICS & VIDS | CALENDAR | SPONSORS | M. BOARD

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 GCWA Forum : Wakeboard Chit Chat : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Lake Houston update - it's not good Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5
silvtongdvl
I need a job
I need a job

Online Status: Offline
Quote silvtongdvl Replybullet Posted: August 22 2011 at 2:45pm
Still going down - lost 1ft of shore line last week. I have about 8ft left before my boathouse is high and dry.  Raccoons are having a field day eating all the clams. The bug population is WAY down too.

Great for neighbors putting in new bulkhead.

Saw a few of guys on the lake saturday and sunday morning with chainsaws cutting stumps.
IP IP Logged
olmoomba
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote olmoomba Replybullet Posted: August 22 2011 at 3:14pm
not seeing it in Lake Houston, I imagine because the river bed is soaking it up like a sponge...
Respect ma authoratah!
IP IP Logged
TexMic

Quote TexMic Replybullet Posted: August 23 2011 at 8:46am
Looks like the lake measurements are just starting to show a change. LH seems to be leveling out, while LC takes a dip.

The dry riverbed may be soaking it up or they may be gradually opening it to just get what they need to keep the intakes under water.
IP IP Logged
TexMic

Quote TexMic Replybullet Posted: August 30 2011 at 8:50am
Looks like the image upload may not be working.

The graph at http://houston.uslakes.info/Level.asp shows that the lake level is coming up slightly. It's also apparent when I go on my jogs near the lake that there is foliage under water now. On the north end of the lake the water appears to be up a few inches at least.

I haven't been to river grove in a while, but I bet it's looking better than it did though still probably not anywhere near usable.

I wonder how long it takes for this incoming water to register at the dam on the south end.
IP IP Logged
RICHSUR
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote RICHSUR Replybullet Posted: August 30 2011 at 2:52pm
Right now the river is slowly filling, at the point where the river empties into the lake it is almost like a dam, Kevin said there is no channel to lake at all so when it finally gets over that point the lake will start filling.

IP IP Logged
LawyerBoarder

Quote LawyerBoarder Replybullet Posted: August 31 2011 at 8:19am
On the South end of the lake there has been little change in water level. The most interesting thing to me is the complete lack of boat traffic. Last weekend I saw a handful of jetskis. I see an occasional bass boat trolling by. Sheriff's boat cruises by infrequently. The lake is almost completely dead. The usual spots (skier's cove) are deep enough to ride. You just can't get there. Deussen Park ramp looks completely closed. I have not checked on any other ramps lately but I doubt any are open.
Personal injury lawyer and wakeboarder. Because my business is based primarily on referrals, I thank you in advance for your endorsement. Visit my homepage: www.markoehl.com.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version