HOME | CLUB INFO | ON THE WATER | LINKS | PICS & VIDS | CALENDAR | SPONSORS | M. BOARD

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 GCWA Forum : Wakeboard Chit Chat : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Lake Houston update - it's not good Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
RICHSUR
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote RICHSUR Replybullet Posted: July 26 2011 at 1:37pm
I love how news gets the fork of the river wrong, its the west fork.

IP IP Logged
TexMic

Quote TexMic Replybullet Posted: July 28 2011 at 9:46am
My buddy took some pics at Duessen last night. No good.

And now TS Don looks like it's going to head more south. Boo.
IP IP Logged
Larry

Quote Larry Replybullet Posted: July 28 2011 at 1:28pm
Let's all hope we get some good rain from TS Don.
IP IP Logged
rdlangston13
Groupie
Groupie

Quote rdlangston13 Replybullet Posted: July 30 2011 at 9:03pm
Looks like Don hit south texas and immediately dried up.  this is just depressing, I think after this drought the state needs to look into building some kind of desalinization plant to pump water to reservoirs from the gulf.  there is a new big storm trying to organize in the atlantic, i think this is one year where the people are praying for a hurricane 
2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III Ballast, Wake Plate, Z5 Cargo Rack, 3 Pairs of Exile SX65c, 2 Pairs of Exile SXT65Q, Exile XI12D, Exile Harpoon 1K, Exile SM600.1 600, Exile Xi800.4 800.
IP IP Logged
MichaelF44
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MichaelF44 Replybullet Posted: July 31 2011 at 8:16pm
great pictures everyone!

I took this July 29, it's the cut to the kingwood ramp lol

IP IP Logged
TexMic

Quote TexMic Replybullet Posted: August 01 2011 at 7:15am
Originally posted by rdlangston13

i think this is one year where the people are praying for a hurricane 

I know I have been. LOL! I've mostly just been praying for a large slow moving tropical storm. We don't need wind damage just rain.

Oh well, at least I'm trying to make the best of it. I polished and waxed the port side the boat over the weekend. It's so shiny! But man that's a lot of work.
IP IP Logged
TexMic

Quote TexMic Replybullet Posted: August 01 2011 at 9:46am
Interesting read.

http://app1.kuhf.org/articles/1312177461-Drought-Lowers-Lake-Houston,-Strands-Boaters.html

"We're about 6 or 7 feet from exposing one of the intakes. And Public Works I'm sure would like to keep some kind of 3-5 foot buffer over their intake so they can continue to draw water off of Lake Houston."

old railroad surfacing.
IP IP Logged
bmill6154

Quote bmill6154 Replybullet Posted: August 01 2011 at 3:54pm
Guys...im sorry...this is all my fault...I buy my first boat of my life and a drought hits....I have also had super bad luck with my boat so far...dead ECM first 2days got it, blown speaker, hit the garage door of my storage unit twice now, because I was pulling in/out by my self and forgot to put the door all the way up. Tore my bimini the second time and killed the roll up door...luckily the door was fixable only cost $80 to pay for the hours the storage maint. spent, the bimin on other hand will cost around $300 ive been told...luckily its not too bad just annoying....but I really beleive karma has done a number on me...not sure what I did wrong though
IP IP Logged
Larry

Quote Larry Replybullet Posted: August 01 2011 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by TexMic

old railroad surfacing.

That's a sketchy rail right there
IP IP Logged
TexMic

Quote TexMic Replybullet Posted: August 01 2011 at 4:57pm
Wow bmill, that's some bad luck! I hope things start looking up for you. I would have been pretty sad to have a drought like this my first year.

If it makes you feel any better, I had a few issues with my boat when I first got it too. The first day I had it out, I found the huge bolts on the Duessen dock. I mean literally just left the dealer, put in at the lake, tied it up at the dock and scratched it. :( Man I felt stupid. I've got huge fenders now, but I just choose to never dock there.
IP IP Logged
olmoomba
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote olmoomba Replybullet Posted: August 02 2011 at 10:36am
Originally posted by bmill6154

...not sure what I did wrong though

You purchased a BRAND NEW boat for your FIRST boat....JK

I had a ton of issues with my first boat but it was an older DD Moomba. Once I figured it all out, I got a new one!

Respect ma authoratah!
IP IP Logged
kporsch
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kporsch Replybullet Posted: August 02 2011 at 10:38am
Originally posted by bmill6154

Guys...im sorry...this is all my fault...I buy my first boat of my life and a drought hits....I have also had super bad luck with my boat so far...dead ECM first 2days got it, blown speaker, hit the garage door of my storage unit twice now, because I was pulling in/out by my self and forgot to put the door all the way up. Tore my bimini the second time and killed the roll up door...luckily the door was fixable only cost $80 to pay for the hours the storage maint. spent, the bimin on other hand will cost around $300 ive been told...luckily its not too bad just annoying....but I really beleive karma has done a number on me...not sure what I did wrong though

Welcome to boat ownership!!!
IP IP Logged
bmill6154

Quote bmill6154 Replybullet Posted: August 02 2011 at 10:57am
Yep...brand new...its kinda my style...I m not big on buying anything used...partly because of warranty...super glad I did in this case...although I had hell getting the ECM covered, I am finally getting my money back on that after two months and calling the manufact my self.

Although I have had all the these problems I love the boat and I am glad I bought it.

KPORSCH...Yeah I kinda knew what I was getting into...I have friends and family that have owned boats all their life. Thanks for the warm welcome!
IP IP Logged
TexMic

Quote TexMic Replybullet Posted: August 04 2011 at 2:22pm
Falling lake levels raise concern

Along the shores of Lake Houston and Lake Conroe, many landlocked boat docks lead to nowhere while grassy islands and sandbars sprout where water once flowed.

Pieces of an old railroad, long hidden by the ample waters of Lake Houston, are suddenly visible.

Now both lakes may soon enter uncharted territory as the incessant drought and searing temperatures continue to deplete these two reservoirs' precious water supplies.

Pilings from a 2-mile-long abandoned railroad trestle that crosses Lake Houston are now visible. Houston Police Lake Patrol officer Gary Crawford readies them for removal on Wednesday.
IP IP Logged
olmoomba
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote olmoomba Replybullet Posted: August 04 2011 at 2:24pm
one cool thing from this - removal of underwater hazards!
Respect ma authoratah!
IP IP Logged
roomservice
I need a job
I need a job

Quote roomservice Replybullet Posted: August 04 2011 at 2:36pm
A couple years ago, during their drought, a guy cut down a bunch of usually submerged trees at Lavon in Dallas not realizing that those trees were state property. He got in big trouble.
I remember thinking, "is that frisbee getting bigger?", and then it hit me.
IP IP Logged
Larry

Quote Larry Replybullet Posted: August 16 2011 at 7:43am
I heard on the news last night they are supposed to start taking water from Conroe to refill Houston starting today.
IP IP Logged
vette74
Board Member
Board Member

Quote vette74 Replybullet Posted: August 16 2011 at 9:13am
I read that in the Houston Comicle also. They said that is one of the reason lake conroe is there is to be a secondary water supply for the City of Houston.
There'll be two dates on your tombstone/ And all your friends will read 'em/ But all that's gonna matter is that little dash between 'em...
IP IP Logged
Kamighazi
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote Kamighazi Replybullet Posted: August 16 2011 at 10:36am
So Kevin and I took the opportunity, the other week, to give the river a little hair cut. There were plenty of stumps to trim. We got as much as we could.

It wasnt exactly easy going wide open on a chain saw 1 inch from the water while perched on the back of the jetski floating around the stumps. (dont try this at home kids) Most of which though we could get while standing in about waist deep water, pretty sad.

Tell you what though, seeing some of the stumps exposed in person. There are most defiantly dead man zones that i would NEVER try anything at, spooky.

Kevin post up some of those stump pics.
IP IP Logged
olmoomba
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote olmoomba Replybullet Posted: August 16 2011 at 10:47am
what did you do with the dismembered parts? Will they be floaters when we get rain or mulch for the bugs in the woods?
Respect ma authoratah!
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version