HOME | CLUB INFO | ON THE WATER | LINKS | PICS & VIDS | CALENDAR | SPONSORS | M. BOARD

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Discussion (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 GCWA Forum : Wakeboard Chit Chat : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Format for Events & Freerides Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Guests

Quote Guests Replybullet Posted: August 15 2005 at 9:28pm

Trey, we have never been, how can we found out details about fall bash. Another comp like sunday or friends getting together and riding? Kel and I will help for fall bash, pending Kel's class schedule! Keep us posted!

IP IP Logged
bigscoot
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote bigscoot Replybullet Posted: August 15 2005 at 9:29pm

i also agree with lilripperdad about the rules because i didnt find out we could do other tricks until i fell down the first time

LATER
IP IP Logged
D-RO
Groupie
Groupie

Quote D-RO Replybullet Posted: August 16 2005 at 12:07am

How can we get a live mic in the boat for someone to announce the tricks as they are being thrown? We could then turn the mic back up top to announce the next rider and their bios during rope changes etc. We could announce sponsors prior to the start of tourney, prior to the start of Outlaw and prior to the award ceremony at the end. Hint, I would also like to see the awards given for each division at the end again. It makes the younger or less talented feel more important. I know that it was done to get people home for school etc. The Event was very fluid w/ 100 riders. Trey is the best on the mic! Let Trey do his Pres. job on the floor and bring him back on for the Sponsor announcements and award presentations. Presented from El Presidente -s/p?

Can we get some Pro Riders on the books if planned a year ahead of time? Randall, How about Dave Briscoe coming out? I know that they are all very busy this time of year, but would help to promote everything that GCWA stands for. LF Trip Across America Tour @ HWC would make for perfect timing and weekend to plan it, if it is going down in '06. Hit Cliff with the thought. He's tha man! This would be worthy of another Sunday.

Sorry for such a long post........many a brain fart today.

Edited by D-RO
IP IP Logged
Holycow
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Holycow Replybullet Posted: August 16 2005 at 1:56am

It was phenomenal!!!!   It was my first time to compete and I had a blast.  Canít wait for next year.  It was nice to meet some of the people I was chatting with on this site.

It would be nice to have a ladies division.  Donít really care for the prizes.  Just want to know where I stand.  It was nice to ride with the guys.  Hope to beat some and hope to meet the guys again to make fun of them. 

If need help with an event let me know.  I donít know what I can offer but I will try to help.  Maybe help with organization of paper work at an event.  Are the meetings north of Houston?  I live in Clear Lake.  Whatís Fall Bash?

Trey Ė Can you tell me where I stand at the event?  Just curious.  You like the face plant at the end?  I believe I promised you one.  Hope you like it.  Thanks for answering my questions about the Showdown.

To all the people I meet.  It was nice meeting you guys.  Hope to see you guys again.  Take care.

IP IP Logged
goofyboy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote goofyboy Replybullet Posted: August 16 2005 at 7:19am

most of the meetings are in midtown at little woodrows.

Yawn.
IP IP Logged
D-RO
Groupie
Groupie

Quote D-RO Replybullet Posted: August 16 2005 at 9:03am

Maria, Loudest face plant I have evr heard. I hate those. I thought you were going to . J/K Great riding.

Airtime mentioned breaking the beg. class up in other post. How about running beg.1, beg.2, beg.3, and maybe a 4th with times posted. It would make 15-20 riders per time period. I would think that alot of these will move up to Inmdt. next year.

Wakeskate (wake Only), beg1, advanced, beg 2, Inmdt, Outlaw, beg3, Expert, beg4 or slider comp with wakeskate more points for difficulty level. Put kids in there somewhere (beg2). Would depend on how many beg classes there were.

Edited by D-RO
IP IP Logged
Holycow
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Holycow Replybullet Posted: August 16 2005 at 10:50pm

D-RO = It was pretty nice huh?  Loud?  Was it that loud?  Did you see Swani's pics?  He caught the beginning of it.  Pretty nice.  I've done so many face plant that I've gone numb to it.    But it's all good.  Did I meet you at the Showdown?  Thanks. 

Edited by Holycow
IP IP Logged
D-RO
Groupie
Groupie

Quote D-RO Replybullet Posted: August 17 2005 at 8:58am

Holycow,

No we didn't officially meet. My wife, kids and crew were sitting on the dock when you were coming in. You planted 30-40 feet from us and it sounded like a gun shot.

IP IP Logged
Holycow
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Holycow Replybullet Posted: August 18 2005 at 1:24am
D-RO  =   LOL!!!  That's pretty funny.  I hope you and your family and your crew had a good laugh becuase I did. 
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version